Here just some of our successes since the first of the year. We are excited to build upon these to reach more of those in need.
- We have served approximately 2,100 meals through the St. John's soup kitchen since January.
- As of this year, The Way has fed over 2,000 people on Friday nights.
- On average, St. John's food pantry is purchasing from Midsouth Food Bank about 4,000 lbs of food each week for distribution from our food pantry, which usually costs us less than $200.
- Much of the food we acquire is free of charge, thanks to a special program of the USDA which provides healthy food products for agencies like ours.
- Since January, the food pantry provided 834 people with a 5-day supply of groceries and provided countless bus passes and grocery carts to aid our guests with transportation obstacles.
Thank you to all of those who have volunteered their time and resources to support St. John's food ministries. We are humbled by the generosity of our congregation. Your commitment to serving our neighbors is a testament to the Christ-like love found within the St. John’s family.
Current Mission Needs
Donations to support these efforts are greatly appreciated. If you're looking for specific ways you can help St. John's outreach ministries, here are our current needs:
- We have an ongoing urgent need for size 4,5, and 6 diapers as well as pull-ups for Operation: Swaddling Clothes.
- Memphis Empty Bowls Project is always in need of bowl painters! Take a friend to Seize the Clay and paint a bowl to donate to the event for $12.