In-Person Worship Returns July 11
June 23, 2021
Dear St. John’s friends and families,
After nearly 10 months among you, I am delighted to finally write this letter. Live, in-person worship will begin on Sunday, July 11, at 10:50am in the fellowship hall. I can’t wait to meet each and every one of you!
Protocols are in place, thanks to your Together Again Team, and we will do everything we can to make it safe and meaningful for you. The complete protocol is posted online here and in From the Corner on Fridays and available by mail if requested. Of course, if you have any questions, please call the church office (901-726-4104) between 8:00am and 3:00pm, Monday through Thursday. In the meantime, I am including some of the most important details:
- All persons over the age of 2 will be masked. We have extras if you forget one!
- Seating capacity is limited and requires pre-registration for most spaces available.
- Registration also provides necessary information for contact tracing.
- Registration will take place through Signup Genius and/or calling the church office no later than Wednesday prior to the coming Sunday by 3:00pm (901-726-4104).
- Entrance to the building will be through the entrance off Peabody to the fellowship hall.
- Entrance to the nursery will be through the courtyard entrance.
- Weather permitting, there will be greeters and nametags of registrants in the main parking lot.
- Socially distanced seating will be set according to household.
- The Sacrament of Holy Communion will be celebrated each week, with individual servings.
- Singing while masked will be allowed. Yay!
- Sunday School for all ages, including the nursery is scheduled for 3 weeks at 9:30am on July 11, 18, and 25 – and will resume every Sunday beginning Sept. 12.
- Class entrance for all ages will be from Peabody into the Fellowship Hall, then to the elevator in the back hall to third floor.
- Nursery entrance will be Peabody Courtyard and then Fellowship Hall to the elevator to the third floor.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT NO ONE IS TO STOP OR GET OFF ON 2ND FLOOR – IT IS A HARDHAT CONSTRUCTION AREA.
Make your reservation on Signup Genius here.
In Peace with Justice,